Its Advent Calendar Day 14 and we are celebrating with a great #exercise to add to your Home Exercise Programme – Deadbugs.
This is a great core exercise, which is supposed to be manageable; it is not necessary to perform holding a heavy weight.
- Begin lying on your back, legs at 90 degrees, arms by your sides palms up
- Slide your shoulder blades down and towards the ground, then draw your chin in and down
- Next draw your belly button towards the ground and check that you can just slide two fingers under the small of your back
- Slowly lower one leg towards the ground, leading with the heel, toes up
- Return to the start position making sure the small gap under your lower back stays the same
- Once you can do this well, add in the opposite arm to leg movement as in the video to increase difficulty