Eating eggs at breakfast is a great choice. So to get you day off to a great start try our recipe for the perfect omelette:
2 whole large free range eggs
2 free range egg whites
30g mozzarella cheese
1 dessertspoon of finely chopped onion/chives/spring onion
1/2 teaspoon of butter
• Separate the egg yolks from the egg whites, being careful not to allow any yolk into the whites.
• Place whites in a large clean, dry bowl and beat until light and fluffy.
• In a smaller separate bowl beat the egg yolks with a fork, adding in pepper or any additional seasoning.
• Heat the butter in a medium sized non-stick frying pan and preheat the grill.
• Gently fold the egg yolk into the whites along with the mozzarella cheese.
• Spoon the mixture into the frying pan.
• Allow to cook until the underneath sets, this should take 1-2 minutes.
• Now take the pan from the hot plate and place under the grill until the omelette is cooked but not over done.
• Using a spatula, loosen the omelette carefully, gently folding it and slide onto a serving plate.
• Serve with sliced grilled tomato and wilted spinach.